Friday, May 14, 2010

Homemade Bread

Another great slow rise recipe. A friend shared this recipe with me as a shower gift. I can't share this recipe because I haven't yet asked my friend. I do however feel safe telling you the recipe come from the La Leche League Cookbook. I don't know if this book is still in circulation, so keep your eyes open at the used book stores.
This bread also toasts wonderfully. I have been devouring egg sandwiches every morning. The featured sandwich has arugula, tomatoes (from VT, sooo good,) a farm fresh egg, mayo and homemade hot sauce. If you have never had mayo on an egg sandwich before you are missing a tasty surprise. I justify the morning mayo by having no cheese and using light mayo. Hellman's Light Mayo if actually delicious and only uses potato starch as the thickening agent. I can live with that, at least I can pronounce "potato starch"

No comments:

Post a Comment