Friday, June 11, 2010

Watercress Pesto

I love watercress! It is very versatile; great in salads, soups, pesto...


I had bought a bag from our favorite organic farm, White Gate in East Lyme. It had been in the fridge a little too long for a salad, so I thought I would try Pauline's (White Gate's owner) suggestion. I whipped up a batch of pesto. I didn't have the traditional walnuts or pine nuts, but a handful of hazelnuts. I thought," How bad could that be?"
Well, I have to say it was great!!!! We had the pesto over cheese tortellini for dinner and the next day with friends as a veggie dip.

The pesto was very simple; I pulsed the hazelnuts and garlic in the food processor first then added the watercress (stems and all,) extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Matthew garnished his with Parmesan, but it was delicious without!

No comments:

Post a Comment